Administer and direct the day to day marketing, development and public relations activities for an organization. I will do so by utilizing my strategic planning, team building, and managerial skills while providing leadership, a spirit of teamwork and an effective administration.
Delta Airline, Inc.
Customer Service Agent – September 2006 – Present
P. R. Buzz Public Relations
Consultant: January 2005 – December 2006
Major responsibilities: fundraising, public relations, marketing, event planning and donor cultivation.
Mission Community Hospital
Director of Development: June 2004 to October 2004
Directed and created the development and marketing programs in a not-for-profit, stand-alone community hospital with 500 employees and 150 beds. Operational responsibilities included fund-raising activities to attract new sponsors and donors, mentoring staff, teaching development, marketing, and public relations techniques and methods.
Programs established included: Volunteer Program, Auxiliary Council, Clergy Council and a Donor Brick Wall campaign.
American Heart Association
Vice President – Corporate Events: April 2003 to April 2004
• Responsible for five major fund-raising events for Los Angeles, with a combined goal of $2.3 million.
• Supervised a staff of six.
• Prepare budget and business plan for each event.
• Lead weekly staff meeting.
• Negotiate contract with event sites.
• Bring in, new donors and sponsors.
• Prepare marketing and public relations plan.
• Major gift cultivation – Plan giving – Capital campaign cultivation
PRIOR TO 1985
Centrust Savings Bank
City of Miami – 1985 to 2002
Special Events Specialist: 1995 to 2002
• Organized and developed special events such as the King Mango Strut Parade, the Coconut Grove Bike Race, the March of Dimes and Breast Cancer Walkathon.
• Coordinated with private enterprise special events within the City of Miami such as the Coral Gables Art Gallery Tours and Miami City Ballet.
• Directed and organized press conferences and round table discussions.
Intergovernmental Film Liaison: 1991 to 1995
Promoted the film industry in Miami
Organized and directed twenty-five (25) film business conferences and coordinated ten (10) film festivals.
Director of Protocol: 1989 to 1991
Organized and directed all visits to Miami by heads of state, dignitaries and renowned celebrities. Coordinated with White House and Vatican staff on the historic state visit by President Reagan and Pope John Paul III. Also, coordinated and directed all the details for her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II’s visit to Miami.
Rehabilitation Loan Officer: 1985 to 1989
Screened and interviewed applicants for loan eligibility. Approved over three hundred loans for single and multi-family home loans and processed all documentation.
OTHER PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Manso Inc. Consulting
Coordinated and directed high profile professionals in the areas of banking, government, private enterprise, and the entertainment industry. Consulting Assignments:
• Created and directed marketing and public relations plan for the hospital after the purchase by the Columbia Group.
• Organized and directed health fairs for the community.
• Created and organized a marketing campaign to purchase a mobile unit for the hospital.
• Created and directed health seminars with local universities.
• Organized and directed the delivery of surplus medical equipment to be delivered to the country of Panama.
Chrons and Colitis Foundation
Vice President of Marketing
• Organized and directed health conferences with teachers and physicians who spoke on the advances in treatment.
• Created and organized a celebrity tennis tournament. Designed the logo, brochures and invitations for the event.
• Wrote press releases and organized press conference for the event.
Miami City Ballet
• Instrumental in bringing over one hundred thousand dollars in sponsorship.
• Wrote and coordinated public service announcements in Spanish to introduce to the Latin community and to South and Central America Miami City ballet’s new office, studios and concert building.
• Coordinated with the media for galas and special events.
• Organized and directed business luncheons to attract new members and major donors.
Writer of Children’s books and screen plays
Florida International University, Miami Florida
Bachelor of Science in Communications, 1983
Miami Dade Community College, Miami Florida
Associates of Arts in Psychology
Fluent in Spanish
COMMUNITY ORGANIZATION INVOLVEMENT
• Former Board of Directors, Mama’s Kitchen.
• Former Commissioner, Cultural Arts Commission, City of Chula Vista
• Board of Directors and Founder, Miami Film Festival
• Former Board of Directors, The Jeffrey Foundation, Los Angeles
Contact Manny Soto